Sunday, February 10, 2013

White, Blue and Cold

Hello everyone!  I hope that any of you (who have power) on the east coast who are reading this are braving the storm and doing okay.  We were lucky to get just the perfect amount of snow to cover everything with a good, thick coat.  We didn't have much wind, so the trees were lined with snow for the better part of the week.  Driving to and from work everyday was amazing and beautiful.

One reason I love the winter is because I can wear all my crochet items.  I was able to piece together an outfit to highlight my Noro scarf I made from my yarn in Austin.  So comfy!

Speaking of winter, it always makes me think of the colors blue and white.  It totally inspired me to make a cowl and a matching hat with a pin that can be removed that matches both pieces. Check out the result!

This is the combo of both pieces.  There is only one flower, but you can put it on either piece.

A collage of the hat - with and without the flower.

A collage of the cowl with the flower.

What do you think?  It's made of soft acrylic and then a very light white mohair wool that is mixed with the smallest of sequins.  I wish the photos could pick up the slight glittery-look of the sequins.  If you go back and look at the close up of the flower, you can see them.  I'm totally in love with it!

So this week, I am going to try something new...

Item of the Week!
*50% off!*

Once it's gone, it's gone.  No custom orders for the sale price can be accepted, but I can take them for the regular price.

I'd love to hear what you think!  Your comments here and/or on facebook are always welcome!  The feedback helps me improve my service to you.  Thank you again for all your support!

Speaking of support, I received a message on etsy this week regarding the piggy hat from next week and the customer was so happy that it totally made my day.  It is reprinted with permission from SSpillie1215:


I CANT... EVEN TELL YOU... HOW MUCH... I LOVE THE HAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
OOOOOOHHHH MYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD!!!!!!
IT IS AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
It will be a gift for my cousin's baby shower in a few weeks, and i can't WAIT for her to open it!!!!!! 
I am so beyond thrilled... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Speaking of, I have to run off of here to finish up some more orders... including next week's item of the week!  Thank you again everyone.  Have a great week and until then... stay warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment