Sunday, January 6, 2013

Goodbye Winter Break

Here we are at the end of our first week in 2013.  I don't know about you, but I had a great week.  I usually don't travel this time of year, but I made my way to Austin, Texas to visit one of my friends.  It was a great trip... even if it decided to be cold.

I made my way to Country Hill Weavers before eating at Wurst-Tex food truck.  Of course, I broke my New Years Resolution of not buying more yarn.  However, I also made sure that this yarn was for me.  I wanted to make some items that would always make me think of my winter trip to Austin.  I'm thinking that one negates the other and I don't need to really be upset about breaking any resolutions, right? 

Here is a little cowl that I made with Mochi Plus.  Perfect for work!

I made this light scarf with Noro.  I am in love with the colors!

With leftover Noro I made a coffee can cover.  I usually save my change all year...  and I usually save the change in an ugly box.  I decided to switch to this coffee can.  I love the colors... but I am unsure how to finish this off?  I was thinking of maybe spray painting it one of those beautiful hues that I see in the yarn?  Or maybe I should crochet a huge flower and attach it to the top?  I'm unsure.  If you have suggestions, I am wide open to them!


I've also been busy in my etsy shop.  I've put back up all the hats I make, and I also added a few new cowls, a scarf... and a new hat!




I've been a bit obsessed with making little flower pins like the one on the cowl above.  I have more to show you, but I'll unveil them a little later on, when they're all finished.  All of them were inspired by Attic24


Now the moment that some of you have been waiting for!
The winner of my little tree is...
Aimee H!
Thank you to everyone who commented, posted, and shared my new blog.  It was flattering and fun, and I can't wait until my next giveaway!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I'm very excited about these giveaways, and I have a bunch of items lined up.  I also have a few crafty friends that are thinking about participating in the giveaways, too.  I can't wait to share their creations!

It's been a good winter break, but I am also ready to get back into work and start teaching the students again.  With that, I leave you with a picture of my high-school friend, Bren, and I at the Capitol Building in Austin...

Cheers until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment